As I'm listing the bows, I realized that fandoms really bring out the creativity in people. Etsy overflows with people who spend hours crafting something just to express their love for this show. And it's not just time: you have burnt fingers from hot glue guns, tiny and not-so-tiny cuts from precise cutting with razor blades, and various instruments (pliers, needles) jamming under your nail from pushing just a hair too hard. But at the end of the day, they get to stand back and say, "Look what I made with my own two hands... Look and buy it."
So I'm dedicating this Top 10 Tuesday to some super cute/cool crafts and the crafty people who love Supernatural as much as I do. Also, I'm shamelessly plugging my girlfriend's and my business.
- Faye's Realm Supernatural Anti-Possession Bottlecap Hair Bow
Pictured above, a joint project between me and Alex's grandmother.
- Sam & Dean Winchester Crochet Sackdoll
Maybe because I've always found knitting quite challenging, but these boys look like a lot of hard work. However, they're adorable in the end.
- Supernatural Castiel Phone Dustplug Charm
He looks a little derpy but I like the idea of having Castiel as your phone's guardian angel.
- Sam & Dean Winchester Cameos
I'm still very amazed by GeekCameosEtc's patience to carve Sam and Dean's faces into clay molds. These look beautiful.
- Supernatural Plush Throw Pillows
- Supernatural Handpainted False Nails
- Castiel Inspired Felt Hair Bow
I make bows but this is so much more intricate - yet the piece itself is so simple and recognizable.
- Supernatural Charm Bracelet with Polymer Clay Figures
- Supernatural Screen Printed & Painted Top
- Castiel Inspired Capelet
I've got my eye on this one. Not a fan of khaki but it's based on Castiel's trenchcoat, complete with wings. Plus, I like how it looks the outfit in the listing.